Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Meltaways

My favorite treat to make and eat during the Holidays.  And thank goodness I "dieted" for a few weeks after Thanksgiving, not that you would notice since I took off the 10 pounds gained at Thanksgiving to allow my self the indulgence of Holiday parties since Friday.  Usually at this time of year I call Katie, who calls her mother in law Joan, who I get this recipe from and lose within the year (I am sure it's on a cute recipe card in my cupboard somewhere).  This year I found it in my new "Favorite" cookbook, the sequel to "Favorites", called "Keeping Up Cookbook", fantastic and highly recommended.  I whipped up a batch for a fun cookie party CL held for the neighborhood ladies last night.  All I could find was yellow, blue, or green frosting...I picked blue.  I was lucky enough to break a few, so quickly had to sample their truly melt in your mouth goodness.  We are having the leftovers for breakfast.  Enjoy!

Meltaways

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour

Cream together ingredients until smooth and uniform (a few minutes in the Kitchen Aid).  Drop by round, teaspoon sized balls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. 

Cream Cheese Frosting:
3 ounces (how funny I used 8 oz.! oh well!)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 drops food coloring

Beat together until fluffy.  Generously frost cooled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment